Friday, August 8, 2014

Punishment

 

Cujo here. It has been a long time since my mom let me post! I have to tell you ....... I did a bad thing! I don't know what came over me!
 
It happened like this ........ all of us dogs were having a nice afternoon nap. My mom came into the house and went over the gate to the where the bathroom and bedrooms are. We all looked at each other ....... could it be time for bed? Is she closing the store? We were kind of excited, just thinking about it.
 
Lately she has been having headaches and will come in and take a nice little nap. When this happens, she always picks me up and takes me to bed with her. Oscar, too. Wall-E and Toni Louise won't be still. She says they are nervous and will keep her awake. Not me and Oscar, though. We know the value of a good snooze.
 
But, my mom just went into the bathroom. Wonder why people don't pee outside? More to the point, why do they wear clothes? But, don't get me started on that ........ she has tried to dress me. So while mom was in the bathroom, the door chimed. That meant someone was in the store. Toni Louise rushed to the security monitor to have a look and there was a lady standing at the counter. She was holding a little person.
 
I don't know if I have shared with you my absolute disdain for these little people. They don't seem to know their own strength, and if they catch a small dog such as myself ....... well, they could squeeze the life right out of me. I am not sure just how I know this, but I do know it with every fiber of my being.
 
We all set about barking out a warning just in case our mom did not hear the chime. She did and she told us all to stop with our silliness. Oscar was even barking and he does not usually join us unless he thinks there might be a treat involved. Wall-E and I were so wound up, that we ignored Mom when she told us to stay in and we ran out into the store.
 
Wall-e is all bark and no bite, that is what Mom said. He likes to meet people and he ran around the counter to sniff the lady holding the small person. I do not usually do this. I will take a peek, then run back to hide behind my mom. When we rounded the counter we discovered yet another small person holding the lady's leg. I have no idea what came over me, but I was suddenly very brave.
 
I heard my mom tell the lady not to worry, that us dogs did not bite. I found that remark to be offensive! Like I could not defend myself. So, while Wall-E was being carried back into the house, I sort of bit the lady's leg.
 
 
I am so ashamed! My mom was not pleased with me at all. I was in big trouble and I knew it. I crawled under her desk, where I knew she could not reach me. She finished with the lady and kept apologizing for me. After the lady left, she crawled under the desk and got me. She told me how disappointed she was in my behavior. No kisses to my head, no treats. I was told to go think about what I had done.
 
I have thought and thought. I still don't know why I did it. I didn't bite her all that hard. There wasn't even any blood. The lady said "ouch", but both those little boys with her started crying like I had bitten them. To be honest, I was trying for the little boy standing there, he was just too fast. See what I mean? These small people are fast and sneaky. You never know what they might do.
 
That is why I have not been in my mom's lap, writing. I have been punished rather severely, don't you think?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment